Monday, August 1, 2011

Sunny Naples

Beautiful Sunny weather in Naples today.  A great day to take in the beach with clear baby blue skies laying on sugar white sand listening to the sound of the tide washing in and out while reading a new suspense novel enjoying my solitude followed by a long walk along the south shore of Naples along the beach backed by Gordon Drive all the way to point where you can see Keewaydin in the distance.  Then the walk back to 16th South, a dip in the Gulf, a bit more sun to dry off before loading up the car and heading home.  This is the life in Naples when you are unemployed but enjoying the life while you can.

 The beaches in Naples are beautiful and anyone who visits the area needs to make sure they spend some time walking the shore that is not completely contaminated with condominiums common in many other areas of the coast but homes to millionaires.  I've had the opportunity to see many of the homes decorated and just built through the years and it is never the size that amazes me, it is often the furnishing or decor.  You look at them and you would agree with me I am sure, who lives here.  No one who takes their shoes off and just sits down.  No one who puts their feet up on a table or the sofa.  There are decorative statues or in one carousal horses set out but there were no personal items, keepsakes or decorative pieces on the kitchen counters.  Nothing seems out of place anywhere.  In fact, many of the furnishings look like museum pieces and you might wonder as I do~ just where do you put your feet just to watch the news.   There are walls decorated in cloth or marble floors that clearly need polishing daily to eliminate any foot prints.  At least if I lived there they would. I don't know about you but I like walking around in my bare feet;  I like to put my feet up on the furniture once in a while.  Don't get me wrong, I like everything in it's proper place in my house  and I like my home clean, tidy and decorated.  However, I also like to feel like it is a home; that someone lives there; that you can touch things; or set something down.  I think my home is better (sure smaller than the monstrosities) and it feels lived in.  It's okay to put the paper on the table for the day or hang clothes to dry in the laundry, put bananas on the counter, or forget to make the bed once in a while.  My home has breakables and items I don't want others touching all the times but you can just sit, enjoy yourself, relax, recline and take a nap in comfort.  I think I prefer mine over theirs.  You?

No comments:

Post a Comment