Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hot and Humid-But I love It!

It is another hot and humid day in Naples, Florida with the sun shining amongst blue skies with very few clouds.  There is not a wind today or if there is you will not notice.  You can enjoy the beach, a dip in the pool or a cool beverage to help you tolerate the heat. Naples is located in Southwest Florida and I love it.  The medians are well-landscaped; buildings all built to code; cleanliness is unsurpassed by any other city I have ever visited and the average automobile is a luxury model.  You will not see poverty if you travel through Naples because for years it has been well-hidden.  You will notice the shopping districts, banks, golf-courses and multitude of restaurants that are surrounded by multi-million dollar homes in many areas of the city. 

Naples is a great place to visit and the perfect place to live especially if you grew up here as I did.  Naples has all the amenities to keep most people busy.  There are fishing charters, festivals, theatres, live performances, golf, tennis, and much, much more.  The city has definitely grown in the forty years I have lived here.  I have lived a couple other places in my adult life and visited many others but none of them compare to the clean feeling you get when you drive around Naples.  It has the best health care for all ages and the school system has always been outstanding.  I do miss the small town feel but I enjoy the amenities that have come with the growth- parks, well-maintained beaches, excellent roads, . . .  It's a great place.  If you have never been to Naples, Florida, now is the time to plan a visit.  I am betting you will fall in love with it.  I have:)

Don't get me wrong, there is poverty in Naples and everyone including myself is not wealthy.  It is just the vibe generated by what you see when you visit.  Most of the full time residents of Naples are middle class and live in mid-range housing but unless you are looking that is not what will catch your eye when visiting our town.  It's just the way the town is and has been for as long as I can remember.  Maybe that is one of the reason I like living here.

No comments:

Post a Comment