Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rainy Day?!?

The skys are gray and it looks like rain today in sunny Naples, Florida.  But don't fret, there are many things to do.  You can read a good book in the comfort of your air conditioned home.  You can catch a great movie at my favorite theatre located at Mercato- Silver Spot Cinemas.  You will enjoy the comfort of posh leather seating while watching the latest movies with a date, a group of friends or even by yourself.  BUT Don't forget a drink ( wine, beer .  .  .) or a snack to take into the theatre with you so you can enjoy all the comforts available.  Afterwards have a cocktail at one of the establishments conveniently located in the Mercato shops- The Pub for a great Ale; Pure for a special concoction; the Blue Martini or even the Cigar Bar.  If it's dinner time plan on eating at one of the great restaurants located in the Mercato.  They all offer excellent food with a variety of cuisine to satisfy any one's palate. 

If you are lucky enough to plan your night out the first Friday of the month, you will also enjoy live music from 6-9 pm outdoors on the green between the Pub and Pure.  I have enjoyed many of the bands that have played throughout the year.  It is also a great place to allow the kids to run while you are listening to music.  And did I mention it is FREE! 

Today looks like a day for a movie for me and dinner at McCormick and Schmucks.  I am being encouraged by the men in my life to go see Hangover 2.  Not my first choice but I do hope it is good.  If you have seen it or have any insight, please let me know.  Hope you have an enjoyable weekend and remember I have only mentioned a couple of things you can do in Naples on a rainy afternoon.  There are many more to cover in the future, so stay tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment